Law School in the UK
Every year over 500 Canadian students choose to leave Canada and join a UK law school. Study in UK has over 15 years of experience helping international students apply to UK Law Schools and is kept up to date on the latest updates, scholarships and rankings.
Canadian and American students have the choice of studying a qualifying law degree at a wide range of UK Universities immediately after high school or after they have completed an undergraduate degree. SI-UK helps Canadian students apply to any Law school in the UK. Our service is free of charge so don't apply alone, contact one of our consultants today so we can assess your transcripts and advise which law school and route is best for you!
Students who already have a degree from Canada or the US, can apply for a 2 year fast track graduate entry programme in the UK. These degrees have varying titles in the UK for example LLB Senior Status or Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL). This degree is particularly popular with Canadians as it allows graduates to qualify with a law degree in only 2 years. Students can also study a 3 year LLB Law degree straight after high school, a less intense option than the fast track.
There are a range of scholarships available for Canadian students applying to study at a law school in the UK ranging from £1,000 to £4,000.
Benefits of Studying at a Law School in the UK
- No LSAT required to study law in the UK
- Study in the country where common law originated
- Complete an LLB in just three years
- Study a two year Senior Status LLB if you already have an undergraduate degree
- Gain work experience with a law firm whilst studying
- Learn through lectures and small tutorial groups, with one-on-one time with professors available
- Study a year in France and a combined degree of English Law and French Law for students wishing to practice in Quebec
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification
- Benefit from an international and multicultural university experience
- Apply to up to five law schools for just £24 (around $40 CAD)