Law School in the UK
Apply for an LLB in the UK
Every year hundreds of Canadians go to the UK to study law. Canadian students with above 70% in their high school diploma can apply to study a 3 year LLB programme directly out of high school. Students that already have an undergraduate degree can apply for the fast track 2 year LLB Senior Status programme. Students will normally need a GPA of at least 2.7/4.0 to qualify. Contact us for a free consultation.
Study in UK will assist you to apply to 5 UK Universities at once, making sure you get into as high ranked a university as your transcripts will allow.
All LLB degrees at UK universities are accredited by the Bar Council of England and Wales and the Law Society of England and Wales.
Benefits of Studying Law in the UK
- No LSAT required to study law in the UK
- Study in the country where common law originated
- Complete an LLB in just three years
- Study a two year Senior Status LLB if you already have an undergraduate degree
- Gain work experience with a law firm whilst studying
- Benefit from an international and multicultural university experience
- Learn through lectures and small tutorial groups, with one-on-one time with professors available
- Study a year in France and a combined degree of English Law and French Law for students wishing to practice in Quebec
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification
- Apply to up to five law schools for just £24 (around $40 CAD)
LLB Career Prospects
Graduates from an LLB course in the UK will be prepared to enter legal careers such as becoming a solicitor or barrister, but will also gain skills to enter a wide range of professions such as business, criminology and academia. After an LLB, study the Legal Practice Course (LPC) to become a solicitor, or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) to become a barrister.
Canadian students wishing to practice law in Canada after studying an LLB in the UK must complete a Certificate of Qualification comprising courses on Canadian Law Content. Alternatively, studying an LLM, Master of Laws, can provide exemption whilst also allowing students to specialise in a particular area of law, more information on postgraduate Law study can be found here.
Which Universities offer LLB courses
Over 100 UK Universities offer Law in the UK. We recommend you talk to our advisors about which law school is right for you based on your budget, GPA and location preference. See below for the top ten ranking Law universities in the Guardian University Guide 2017:
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- London School of Economics
- King's College London
- Queen Mary, University of London
- University College London
- University of Durham
- University of Dundee
- Robert Gordon University
- University of East Anglia
Do you need assistance in applying to Cambridge, Oxford, UCL or LSE? The Oxbridge Service will fully prepare you in your application to some of the best universities in the world with intense interview practice and expert personal statement advice. Otherwise contact us for our free service on applying to law school in the UK.
Apply to study undergraduate Law
If you are interested in learning more about studying undergraduate Law in the UK, arrange your free consultation today. Don't forget the Premium Service will guarantee you at least one offer from a UK university!