University of Warwick Global Sustainability Competition
09 February 2022
We would like to make students aware of a wonderfully unique opportunity offered by the University of Warwick for Grade 10 and 11 students who are interested in Global Sustainable Development.
The University of Warwick Global Sustainable Development faculty and students are running a competition that welcomes students from around the world to participate. Key points on the competition are:
- Open to all students in Grade 10 and 11 (aged 15-17) – note that the website refers to Year 11 and Year 12 as it’s expressed in English terms. Year 11 means Grade 10 and Year 12 means Grade 11.
- To enter, students must respond to one of the following questions:
1) Do you need to be rich in order to be sustainable?
2) Some commentators believe that 2022 could be the year the COVID-19 pandemic comes to an end. What long-lasting impacts do you think the pandemic might have on sustainable development?
3) What do you think is the main barrier to achieving sustainable development at present, and how can this be overcome?
- Responses can be in any of the following formats:
- A 1,000-1,500 word essay;
- A four-minute video or podcast essay;
- A photo or a series of photos and a 500 word (maximum) commentary; or
- An artistic exploration (for example, painting, poetry, short story, short film, etc.) and a 500 word (maximum) commentary.
Further information for this competition:
- Students can enter as an individual or as a group
- Students must obtain support from a teacher (and include contact details on the submission)
- Shortlisted entrants will be invited to a virtual event, hosted by our Global Sustainable Development faculty and students. Winners will be announced at the event and awarded prizes. Previous winners have had their work published in our student-led GLOBUS Magazine.
- The deadline for competition submissions is Friday, April 29 at 7 pm ET
- Further information is available at:
- Competition Information Page
- Competition Entrance Form and Submission Page
To ask any questions or check any details about the competition please send messages through to GlobalSustainableDev@warwick.ac.uk and the GSD department will be super happy and well placed to help.
If you have any questions about the University of Warwick you can speak to an SI-UK consultant for more information.