Your UK LLB and Careers in Law
21 November 2020
12:00 - 13:00 ET
Learn about both the study of Law and careers in Law in the UK in this session led by the LLB Course Leader at University of Gloucestershire (gloss-tuh-sher). We will also be joined by Nicketta Lagadoo, a recent UoG LLB graduate from Hamilton, Ontario, who will share her experiences and answer your questions.
This small university in the southwest of England prides itself on its teaching and learning and student experience. We are in the top 20 for Student Satisfaction in Law and top 15 for Graduate Prospects in Law, according to the Complete University Guide 2021. Additionally we ranked in the top 25% in the UK for academic support in Law in the National Student Survey 2020.
Law at UoG is taught with an employability focus and students are exposed to a myriad of guest speakers, industry professionals and opportunities to practice the application of law in our Law Clinic (run in partnership with the Gloucestershire Growth Hub), and in our Moot Court. This industry driven course will equip you to take advantage of the new Graduate Route in the UK, which will allow international graduates of UK degrees to apply to stay and work in the UK for up to two years post study – this is an opportunity to build networks, earn qualifications, gain work experience and start your international law career before returning to Canada.
Our programme puts you at the centre and supports you all the way to graduation, and beyond. Our academic team and careers services team work with students individually to help you refine and attain your academic and career goals.
Why study LLB (Hons) Law at University of Gloucestershire:
- Canadian LLB students will be assigned a dedicated personal tutor with awareness of Canadian NCA regulations and transferring a UK LLB to Canada
- OSAP, BC Student Aid and Alberta Student Aid approved institution
- Guaranteed grant award of £3,000 off first year of tuition
- Merit scholarships for high achieving international undergraduates (separate application required)
- Gain industry insight from guest speakers (legal professionals)
- Practice the application of law through our Law Clinic and dedicated Moot Courtroom
- Gain an insight into international law in places such as Belgium and The Netherlands on course field trips
- Benefit from professional workshops in commercial awareness and mediation
- Get involved in our Law Society run by students
- Learn alongside a small cohort with a teaching team that consistently earns top marks in national rankings for academic support, student satisfaction and graduate prospects
Confirm your place on the webinar by registering using the button below.
See you online!