Study Veterinary Medicine in the UK
Veterinary Medicine Service
Veterinary Medicine courses are among the toughest and most competitive programs for an international student to gain admission to. As a veterinary student, you will need to juggle the challenges of clinical, academic, practical and ethical learning, while at the same time enjoying all the social aspects of being at university.
SI-UK’s Veterinary Medicine Service focuses on preparing a strong application which leads to an offer. With 15+ years of experience, you will work alongside a dedicated consultant to strategically select 4 Veterinary schools to apply to. Your consultant will help you prepare your application, taking particular care with the personal statement. You will receive help preparing for your interview with our one-to-one interview practice session conducted by a practicing vet in the UK. You will also learn strategies on how to answer questions with our Consultant Vet who has experience on interview panels in the UK.
Your Veterinary Medicine application
SI-UK's Veterinary Medicine Service will maximize your chance of securing an offer with:
- Advice on choosing the right Veterinary Medical School based on your GPA and work experience
- Advice structuring your personal statement - certain qualities need to shine
- Interview practice with our UK qualified Vet who has experience on the interview panel of Royal Veterinary College in London.
- Support applying to four Veterinary Medicine schools in the UK
- Advice on what to include in your reference letter
- Advice on work experience to complete prior to your application
- Support with preparing supplementary information for each School
Consultant Vet Sarah Finnegan
Sarah Finnegan rejoined the Royal Veterinary College in October September 2017 to undertake a PhD to investigate non-invasive ways to detect seizures in dogs with epilepsy. Prior to this Sarah graduated from the Royal Veterinary College in 2015 as a veterinary surgeon.
After graduating, Sarah worked for 18 months at a first opinion practice and then went on to do a one-year rotating internship at Eastcott Veterinary Clinic and Hospital.
She supports our veterinary medicine students with their applications to UK universities, preparing them for university interviews and reading through their personal statements. Sarah has been with SI-UK, assisting students with their Veterinary University applications since 2019. Each year, SI-UK supports students from North America with their application to Vet Med School in the UK.
Apply to study Veterinary Medicine today
The cost of this service is $1300 USD / $1685 CAD + HST. To learn more, arrange your free consultation today.