Medicine courses in the UK
Studying Medicine in the UK
Medicine is one of the most competitive courses in the UK to gain entry to, but every year SI-UK helps hundreds of international students gain acceptance into medical school. Did you know you can apply to Medical School in the UK straight out of high school? If your grades are a minimum of 80% at high school and you have studied Biology, Chemistry or Physics, then you can apply! For US students you may require APs or an IB score of approximately 38. Please send us your transcripts so we can let you know if you are eligible to apply.
If you have a strong first degree and a GPA of at least 3.2 (not necessarily in a science field) you can also apply to Medical School in the UK. Students will require work experience in a hospital, care home, hospice or another care environment. Our Medicine Service is designed to help you select the right universities to apply to based on our history of student acceptances, our knowledge of which universities accept students from North America and our ability to review transcripts with our partner medical schools in the UK. We will ensure your application is the best it can be and our 80% success rate means that if you meet the entry requirements the chances of you getting a place are extremely high!
We will support you with the application, and the personal statement, prepare you for interviews and you will work with our team of doctors based in the UK. Please remember you need to apply one year in advance, however, we do have some options where if you miss the October 15th deadline you can still apply.
Aptitude Tests (UCAT and BMAT)
The majority of schools in the UK will require you to sit an aptitude test before you apply. The UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT) is part of the selection process of some UK medical and dental schools. It is an online test designed to test cognitive abilities, attitudes, critical thinking, and logical reasoning. There are four reasoning tests and a situational judgement test.
The test is taken at your local test centre, with each subtest in a multiple-choice format. Past papers are not available but there are specimen questions on the UCAT website. The UCAT must be taken by applicants at the following universities:
Where can I study Medicine in the UK?
Learn more about the best Medicine universities in the UK below:
- University of Aberdeen, School of Medicine
- Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary, UoL
- University of Birmingham, School of Medicine
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- University of Bristol, Faculty of Medicine
- University of Cambridge, School of Clinical Medicine
- Cardiff University, School of Medicine
- University of Central Lancashire Medical School
- University of Dundee, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing
- University of Edinburgh, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
- University of Exeter, Medical School
- University of Glasgow, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences
- Hull York Medical School
- Imperial College School of Medicine, London
- Keele University, School of Medicine
- King's College London School of Medicine
- Lancaster University, Faculty of Health & Medicine
- University of Leeds, School of Medicine
- University of Leicester, Leicester Medical School
- University of Liverpool, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (Postgraduate Medical School)
- University of Manchester, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences
- Newcastle University Medical School
- Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia
- University of Nottingham, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- University of Oxford, Medical Sciences Division
- Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry
- Queen's University Belfast, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- University of Sheffield, School of Medicine
- University of Southampton, School of Medicine
- University of St Andrews, Faculty of Medical Sciences
- St George's, University of London
- Swansea University Medical School
- University College London, University College Medical School
- University of Warwick, Warwick Medical School
Study Medicine in the UK
If you are interested in studying Medicine in the UK, arrange your free consultation today. Don't forget the Medicine Service provides interview practise with a doctor who sits on the admission panel of a UK medical school.