Occupational Therapy in the UK
Introduction to Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapists play an important role in helping people of all ages to overcome challenges caused by illness, ageing or an accident, so that they can continue their everyday occupations. SI-UK specialises in helping students select the right university to apply to in the UK.
Study Occupational Therapy in the UK
- BSc Occupational Therapy : For students straight out of High School, this course offers a qualifying degree in three years.
- MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-Registration): An accelerated two year MSc Occupational Therapy Pre-Reg programme which builds on prior learning and experience from an Undergraduate degree, to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to practice OT. Pre-Registration allows you to apply for registration as an Occupational Therpaist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
For more information on these courses, please get in touch with one of our consultants today.
Occupational Therapy Entry Requirements for Canada/US
- BSc Occupational Therapy: A minimum of 65-70% in Secondary School Diploma
- MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-Registration): Average of 2.7 or 70% in Undergraduate Degree
Please note that entry requirements vary for each UK university.
Where can I study Occupational Therapy in the UK?
To learn more about the best OT courses in the UK, find details on the top ten ranking OT universities:
- Cardiff University
- University of Southampton
- University of Bradford
- University of Liverpool
- University of Plymouth
- Oxford Brookes University
- University of Huddersfield
- Bournemouth University
- Queen Margaret
- Coventry University
Occupational Therapy Tuition Fees
There are a range of UK Universities that offer Occupational Therapy and tuition fees range from £12,000 to £18,000, with scholarships available too. These fees can range in price per University and whether you are enrolling to the Bsc, Msc or doctorate. To find out more about tuition fees and scholarships, please get in touch with one of our consultants today.
Careers in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy graduates will find roles at private practices or companies, the NHS or with sports teams and at sports centres. Specific roles will see you tend to the elderly while undertaking orthopedics, obstetrics, pediatrics and sports medicine. Graduates are equipped for careers in the NHS and the private health sector, both in the UK and Canada. With Pre-Registration, you will be able to come back and practise as an Occupational Therapist in Canada.
Other Health Science programs in the UK
If you are interested in other health science programs in the UK, such as Physiotherapy, we recommend you visit our Physiotherapy in the UK page. Speak to an SI-UK consultant for a free consultation on applying to a UK university.