Law School in the UK
Apply for an LLB in the UK
Every year hundreds of Canadians go to the UK to study Law. Canadian students with above 70% in their high school diploma can apply to study a 3-year LLB programme directly out of high school.
Students that already have an undergraduate degree can apply for the fast-track 2-year LLB Senior Status program. Students will normally need a GPA of at least 2.7/4.0 to qualify for this program.
Study in UK will assist you to apply to 5 UK Universities at once, making sure you get into as high-ranked a university as your transcripts will allow. Contact us for a free consultation.
All LLB degrees at UK universities are accredited by the Bar Council of England and Wales and the Law Society of England and Wales.
Benefits of Studying Law in the UK
- No LSAT is required to study Law in the UK
- Study in the country where common Law originated
- Complete an LLB in just three years
- Study a two-year Senior Status LLB if you already have an undergraduate degree
- Study a 3-year or 4-year LLB straight out of High School
- Gain work experience with a Law firm whilst studying
- Benefit from an international and multicultural university experience
- Learn through lectures and small tutorial groups, with one-on-one time with professors available
- Option at some Law Schools to study a year in France and a combined degree of English Law and French Law for students wishing to practice in Quebec
- Tuition fees from $20,000 CAD
- Many exclusive scholarships for Canadian students
- Gain an internationally recognized qualification
- Apply to up to five Law schools for just $45 CAD
LLB Career Prospects
Graduates from an LLB course in the UK will be prepared to enter legal careers such as becoming a solicitor or barrister, but will also gain skills to enter a wide range of professions such as business, criminology and academia. After an LLB, study the Legal Practice Course (LPC) to become a solicitor, or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) to become a barrister.
After completing an undergraduate Law degree, many students opt to study a Masters of Laws postgraduate degree. Canadian students wishing to practice Law in Canada after studying an LLB in the UK must complete a Certificate of Qualification comprising courses on Canadian Law Content. Alternatively, studying an LLM, Master of Laws, can provide exemption whilst also allowing students to specialize in a particular area of Law, more information on postgraduate Law study can be found here.
What do Law Graduates earn?
- Median starting professional salary: £22,000
- Median starting non-professional salary: £19,800
Source: The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023.
Law UK Entry Requirements
- Typical International Baccalaureate requirements: 34 points.
- Typical Canadian High School/Other undergraduate degree requirements: high school grades of 70%, or a university degree with a 2.6 GPA
Please note that entry requirements vary for each UK university.
Which Universities offer LLB courses
To learn more about the best Law courses in the UK, find details on the top ten ranking Law universities in the Times Good University Guide 2023 below:
- University of Cambridge
- London School of Economics
- University College London
- University of Oxford
- University of Glasgow
- University of Durham
- King's College London
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Warwick
- University of Leeds
Do you need assistance in applying to Cambridge, Oxford, UCL or LSE? The Oxbridge Service will fully prepare you for your application to some of the best universities in the world with intense interview practice and expert personal statement advice.
What our students say
Every year, SI-UK North America places hundreds of international Law students into UK universities. Our services ensure these students have the best possible chance of entering their chosen institution. Below is just one example:
I went to SI-UK two weeks before the deadline having done zero research on universities or what programs were available. SI-UK sat down with me and my father and told me about the application process; what they were going to do to help me, and after some research, provided me with about ten potential universities. They also helped me with my personal statement and through that, SI-UK instilled me with confidence and sure enough helped me select the most appropriate university for me.
- Melissa D, Law at City, University of London
Head to our testimonials page to hear what other students had to say about our services.
Apply to study undergraduate Law
If you are interested in learning more about studying undergraduate Law in the UK, arrange your free consultation today. Read our Law Service brochure for more information on how SI-UK can help you apply to a UK Law School. Don't forget the Premium Service will guarantee you at least one offer from a UK university!