Law School in the UK
Every year over 500 North American students choose to leave Canada and the US and join a UK law school. Study in UK has over 17 years of experience helping students apply to Law Schools in the UK. With over 100 Law Schools in the UK to choose from our UK University Consultants can help you select a law school that best suits you. We can advise on UK Law School Rankings, review transcripts and make suggestions and provide information on which UK Law Schools offer scholarships. Meet UK Law Schools as part of our UK Law School Webinar Series and benefit from the fact we are the official representative of UK Law Schools in North America.
Our service is free of charge so don't apply alone, contact one of our UK Law consultants today so we can assess your transcripts and advise which law school and route is best for you! You will need high school grades of around 70% or a university degree with a 2.6 GPA. No matter what your grades we can find a route to law school in the UK for you!
Canadian and American students have the choice of studying a qualifying law degree at a wide range of UK Universities immediately after high school or after they have completed an undergraduate degree.
Are you interested in studying Law at a top 25 UK university? Learn more about the University of Sheffield and begin your application today.
Students who already have a degree from Canada or the US, can apply for a 2 year graduate entry programme in the UK. These degrees have varying titles in the UK for example LLB Senior Status or Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) or MA Law. This degree is particularly popular with Canadians as it allows graduates to qualify with a law degree in only 2 years and practice in Canada, California or New York. Students can also study a 3 year LLB Law degree straight after high school, a less intense option than the fast track.
There are a range of scholarships available for Canadian students applying to study at a law school in the UK ranging from £1,000 to £4,000.
Benefits of Studying at a Law School in the UK
- No LSAT required to study law in the UK
- Study in the UK, where common law originated
- Complete an LLB in just three years
- Study a two year Senior Status LLB or Graduate Entry LLB if you already have an undergraduate degree
- Gain work experience with a law firm whilst studying
- Study a year in France and a combined degree of English Law and French Law for students wishing to practice in Quebec
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification
- Benefit from an international and multicultural university experience
- Apply to up to five law schools for just £24 (around $40 CAD)
Contact us today to receive a free consultation on your options.