LLM (Master of Laws)
Choosing to study a Master of Laws, or LLM, could give you an advantage in an increasingly competitive market. You can select from a wide range of specialist programmes ranging from Financial Regulation and Compliance to Chinese Business and Investment Law.
Why study an LLM in the UK?
- Complete an LLM in one year.
- Specialize in specific areas of law by choosing from a range of specialist electives.
- Interact with leading academics, researchers, judges, officials and practitioners from various legal systems.
- Study at a world-class institution where many of the magic circle firms recruit from.
Entry requirements for an LLM
Entry requirement differ between UK Universities – to hear more detailed information on entry criteria, please contact your Consultant.
- A first or second class honours UK Bachelor’s Degree in Law, GDL, or an equivalent internationally recognised qualification and an understanding of the basic principles of public and private law. Degrees in other degrees will be considered if substantial legal knowledge and experience can be proved.
- Typical IELTS requirements: 6.5 overall, with no lower than 6.0 in any one component.
Are you interested in studying Law at a top ranked university? Get a free consultation today and begin your application to a UK University.
Which UK Universities offer LLM courses?
To discover the best places to study an LLM in the UK, find out about the universities listed in the top ten for Law* below:
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- University College London
- King’s College London
- University of Glasgow
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Strathclyde
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Durham University
*The Complete University Guide 2020
Are you interested in applying to Cambridge, Oxford, LSE or UCL? The Oxbridge Service is available to help your prepare for your applications, also giving you expert advice about writing your personal statement, and detailed interview practice.
Not sure where to start? Head here to register your interest and view hand-picked institutions.
More LLM resources: